Counselors Mrs. DeRosa, Miss Papa, Mrs. DeGennaro, Mr. Hilser, Mrs. Girard, Mr. Martire, Mrs. Giordano
***ATTENTION COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVES***
A big "THANK YOU" to everyone that helped make our 2022 College Fair a huge success. Over 100 College, Trade School and Military representatives spoke with students from all grade levels and their families. Please check back in the summer for information on how to sign up for our 2023 College Fair.
Welcome to the Shelton High School School Counseling page! Here you will find commonly used forms, links, and resources.
Mr. Erik Martire, K-12 School Counseling Curriculum Leader
Mrs. Lauren Kovarczi, Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Lynn Giordano, School Counselor
Mr. Ed Hilser, School Counselor
Mrs. Lesa Fournier, Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Casey DeGennaro, School Counselor
Ms. Lisa Papa, School Counselor
Mrs. Debra Gallant, Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Kostandina DeRosa, School Counselor
Mrs. Lisa Girard, School Counselor
Mrs. Huggler, Administrative Assistant
- Students interested in applying to Full Sail University and who have completed multiple classes with Ms. Frederick and/or Dr. Mackniak, please use this link. Any questions, please see or email Ms. Frederick.
- PSAT score interpretation documents are available for students and parents. Click on the PSAT Quick Link below to access these materials.
- The FAFSA form is available on October 1; please note that October 1 is not the deadline for submission of FAFSA but rather the date it become available for the Senior class.
- Click here to register for upcoming virtual college fairs.
- Click here to register for ACT dates.
Intervention Services for Parents and Students
Click here to access the Shelton Public Schools, Pupil Personnel Services' community resource manual, which features intervention services for parents and students. Included in the manual are crisis hotline numbers, local hospitals and emergency services, specialized psychiatric services, area counseling agencies, and parenting resources.
Transcript Request for Former Shelton High School Graduates
CLASS OF 2022 GRADUATES: Please contact your house office for any transcript request (203-922-3004--House 1, x1512; House 2, x1522; House 3, x1532)
FORMER SHS GRADUATES: Please click here to request an official Shelton High School transcript.
Completed "Request for Transcript" forms should be emailed to email@example.com. There is a $5 processing fee for each transcript requested; checks should be made out to Shelton High School and mailed to:
Shelton High School
Attn: Lauren Kovarczi, Career Center
120 Meadow Street
Shelton, CT 06484
Transcripts will be sent to the requested college/employer/individual after the $5 fee has been received. Please call 203-922-3004 x1551 for additional information.
Common App/Naviance Instructions
Community Resource Manual: Intervention Services for Parents & Students
Connecticut Department of Labor (trades)
Connecticut Seal of Biliteracy Guidelines
CONNTAC--Educational Opportunity Center
NCAA 2022-2023 Guide for the College-Bound Athlete
NCAA Student Eligibility Center
SAT School Day 2020-2021 Student Guide
Senior "To Do" List for College
Awards and Scholarships
Check Naviance for a listing of scholarship and award applications.
- Link to video showing how to match Naviance and Common App accounts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2lRhXjLNMY
- Link to SHS Counseling Department's "Sophomore/Junior College Planning Presentation": College Planning Presentation 1.pdf
- Watch a brief video on how to take advantage of FREE community college after high school: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHNsS2H3zDY
- Link to the SHS Counseling Department's "Post High School Planning for Students and Parents": https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fX01_v3fTGEJdh8R2F8STgbSQs6hq3Yu/view
- Check out Dartmouth College’s Undergraduate Admissions Podcast Series: The Search: https://admissions.dartmouth.edu/follow/thesearch#s1
- The Common App is open for the Class of 2022. Click here to begin your college applications!
- Click here to register for ACT dates.
- Log in to Naviance to register for college visits. Each year, hundreds of college representatives visit Shelton High School to meet with students in small groups. You must be registered in order to attend one of these scheduled visits.
- Remember to ask former teachers for college recommendations. Give teachers plenty of advanced warning so that they can meet deadlines.
GraduationShelton High School
Graduation Rain Date #1Shelton High School
Graduation Rain Date #2Shelton High School